Solar Support Technician
Technicians For Sustainability (TFS) is hiring for an individual passionate about creating social and environmental change. Someone who is inspired by clean energy solutions, committed to sustainability, has a strong work ethic, and enjoys building relationships with all types of people.
The Solar Support Technician is responsible for general administrative support duties, responding to new solar interests, and supporting prospective customers on their path to going solar with Technicians For Sustainability. Major job functions include:
· Promptly respond, via phone and email, to homeowners who express an interest in going solar.
· Schedule prospective customers for site visits.
· Answer prospective customers' questions, schedule solar home evaluations, and explain the process.
· Data entry related to customers and system specifications.
· Cultivate strong customer relationships by establishing rapport with homeowners.
· Help encourage solar interest in prospective customers by explaining the value and speaking clearly and passionately about our mission.
· Log all communications in customer database.
· Perform general administrative tasks supporting the TFS team and our mission.
· Effectively connect with all types of people and build rapport, especially over the phone and email.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in data entry accuracy.
· Think creatively, utilize available resources, and handle multiple priorities.
· Interest in solar and the related areas of clean energy and environment.
· Flexibility in work schedule, including some evening work required.
· Outgoing, enthusiastic personality with skills to communicate professionally, positively, tactfully, and accurately with homeowners.
· Ability to work both independently and also within a strong cooperative team, in an open office environment.
Compensation based on experience, but in the $11-$14/hr range. Benefits include flex time/scheduling, health insurance, paid time off, and Employee Sustainable Systems program.
To apply: Submit resume with a full letter of interest, in PDF formatting, to email@example.com Be sure to tell us what interests you about the position and what you would contribute to TFS.