Solar Permit Tech
Technicians For Sustainability (TFS) is hiring for an individual excited about creating social and environmental change. Someone who is inspired by solar energy solutions, committed to sustainability, is an organized thinker, and who wants to make a difference in the community.
This position will support the drafting/permitting team in preparing for and acquiring permits from the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Tasks include:
· Gather project background information from online tools; select appropriate template documents for drafting team.
· Assemble permit application package once drafting is complete; application, drawings, & spec sheets.
· Print & file installer copy of project drawings.
· Submit permit to AHJ; either online or by in-person delivery.
· Order equipment labels as designated in permit application.
· Track progress of permit through AHJ review.
· Retrieve and file approved permits. Scan if necessary.
· Notify appropriate personnel of permit approval and update admin site.
· Tracking permit revision need based on install
· Other administrative tasks as necessary
· Work cooperatively and positively as a member of TFS’ team of rockstars.
· Solid organizational, self-motivation, and time management skills.
· Ability to research, organize, execute and manage multiple projects at once and on short time lines.
· Interest in solar and the related areas of clean energy and environment.
· Ability to work both independently and within a strong cooperative team, in an open and full office environment.
· Ability to think creatively, multi-task, and implement problem-solving skills.
· Proven ability to collaborate and communicate well with a variety of stakeholders.
Compensation DOE, but likely in the $10-$14/hr range, Part-time.
Technicians For Sustainability, LLC is a locally-owned Tucson, AZ business whose mission is to help individuals and businesses translate their environmental values into practical reality. Through promoting and implementing clean, renewable energy systems, our goal is to ensure that southern Arizona’s natural resources are used efficiently and with respect for present and future needs. Committed to walking our talk, we live with the systems we install, make fuel-efficient transportation choices, and strive to do business with companies that hold values, standards and ethics in line with ours.
To apply: Submit resume with a full letter of interest, in PDF formatting, to email@example.com
Be sure to tell us what interests you about the position and what you would bring along to it.