We're different at Technicians for Sustainability (TFS). And we're looking for individuals with a demonstrated commitment to high quality work and sustainability to join our inspired team to work in the field as a "Solar Installer" in the Tucson area. The work is hard, but the pride that comes from working with such a high-quality team is invaluable.
This position will work with various commercial and residential solar electric systems and requires the ability to install these with minimal supervision. Duties include installing solar electric racking systems, solar panel installation, wire and pipe runs, etc.
• Previous construction experience and understanding of site safety practices
• Detail-oriented with a high-level quality of work.
• Hard worker, with experience working in extreme weather conditions for long hours.
• Experience with electrical or solar helpful, including an understanding of electrical wiring, sizing conduit, sizing wire, and bending pipe.
• Understanding of tool use and familiarity with construction best practices
• Excellent teamwork skills -- ability to foster a positive team environment through collaborative decision making and active, positive communication.
• Preferred but not required: NABCEP certification, OSHA-10 safety certification
• Able to reach, bend, crawl, lift at least 75 pounds.
• Able to climb on ladders and work on roofs; comfortable with heights and steep
• Ability to work outside in extreme temperatures.
Compensation $14-$17 DOE. Benefits include flex time/scheduling, health insurance, paid time off, and Employee Sustainable Systems program.
TFS is a locally-owned Tucson, AZ business since 2003, whose mission is to help individuals and businesses translate their environmental values into practical reality. Through promoting and implementing clean, renewable energy systems, our goal is to ensure that southern Arizona's natural resources are used efficiently and with respect for present and future needs. Committed to walking our talk, we live with the systems we install, make fuel-efficient transportation choices, and strive to do business with companies that hold values, standards and ethics in line with ours.
Please submit Resume with a full page Letter of Interest (applications received without a Letter of Interest will be discarded) in pdf formatting to email@example.com or fax to 520.743.3307