Technicians for Sustainability (TFS) is seeking an individual with a demonstrated commitment to sustainability to join our team as a “Solar Electrician” in the Tucson area.
This position will work with various commercial and residential photovoltaic (solar electric) systems. Duties include installing inverters, disconnects, meter bases, running conduit, AC and DC wiring, grounding of equipment, maintaining clean & safe work area etc.
- Detail-oriented with a high-level quality of work.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with electrical including a thorough understanding of electrical wiring, sizing conduit, sizing wire, and conduit bending.
- Ability to read plans and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team environment through collaborative decision making and active, positive communication.
- Knowledge of solar a plus. NABCEP Solar Installer Certification a double plus, but not necessary.
- Able to reach, bend, crawl, lift at least 75 pounds.
- Able to climb on ladders and work on roofs; comfortable with heights and steep pitches.
- Able to work outside in extreme temperatures.
Technicians for Sustainability is a locally-owned Tucson, AZ business whose mission is to help individuals and businesses translate their environmental values into practical reality. Through promoting and implementing clean, renewable energy systems, our goal is to ensure that southern Arizona’s natural resources are used efficiently and with respect for present and future needs. Committed to walking our talk, we live with the systems we install, make fuel-efficient transportation choices, and strive to do business with companies that hold values, standards and ethics in line with ours.
To Apply: Please submit resume with a full-page cover letter/letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 520.743.3307.