Technicians For Sustainability (TFS) is hiring for an individual passionate about creating social and environmental change. Someone who is inspired by solar energy solutions, committed to sustainability, is an organized thinker, and who wants to make a difference in the community.
The Solar Designer is responsible for designing residential solar energy systems for Technicians For Sustainability. Major job functions include:
• Translate design contracts into installation design/permit drawing documents for solar energy systems for residential customers.
• Drafting in AutoCAD of designs for permitting and reviews.
• Work cooperatively as a member of TFS' team of rockstars.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD is required.
• Ability to think creatively, multi-task, and implement problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to collaborate and communicate well with a variety of stakeholders.
• Solid organizational, self-motivation, and time management skills.
• Ability to research, organize, execute and manage multiple projects at once and on short time lines.
• Interest in solar and the related areas of clean energy and environment.
• Ability to work both independently and within a strong cooperative team, in an open office environment.
Compensation DOE. Benefits include flex time/scheduling, health insurance, paid time off, and Employee Sustainable Systems program.
Technicians For Sustainability (TFS) is a locally-owned Tucson, AZ business whose mission is to help individuals and businesses translate their environmental values into practical reality. Through promoting and implementing clean, renewable energy systems, our goal is to ensure that southern Arizona's natural resources are used efficiently and with respect for present and future needs. Committed to walking our talk, we live with the systems we install, make fuel-efficient transportation choices, and strive to do business with companies that hold values, standards and ethics in line with ours.
To Apply: Submit resume with a full letter of interest, in PDF formatting to firstname.lastname@example.org - be sure to tell us what interests you about the position and what you would bring along to it.