Technicians for Sustainability (TFS) is looking for an individual with a demonstrated commitment to sustainability, a high-level of organization, and excellent communication skills to work as the Commercial Project Administrator.
The role is a hybrid position combining elements of project management, technical services, admin and construction support. The right candidate will possess strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to problem-solve, and adeptness at conflict resolution. In addition, technical and construction understanding or the ability to learn quickly.
This is a unique position for someone who not only possesses strong time and construction management skills, but also has the ability to excel at the necessary administrative tasks that accompany work performed in the field. The Commercial Project Administrator should expect to spend approximately 75-85% of their time in the office and 15-25% in the field.
Commercial Project Administrator:
- Establish and maintain high-quality post-contract customer communication
- Communicate project status with customers in a proactive and customer-centered way and diplomatically handle customer concerns
- Ensure on-time delivery of each commercial project through all necessary milestones (design and permitting, utility project acceptance, procurement/equipment ordering, scheduling, construction coordination, project closeout).
- Manage commercial job entries in company job tracking database to ensure projects are moving along smoothly
- Create and manage milestone tracking reports essential to project management
- Submit projects for utility interconnection and track progress
- Ensure the advanced planning for projects is completed accurately and on schedule
- Deliver completed projects with highest quality and lowest cost by maximizing resource efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage customer contracts in coordination with Commercial Sales Lead
- Ensure management of subcontractor contracts in coordination with Commercial Leadership Team
- Direct and communicate progress towards Commercial project goals to key TFS teams
- Meet on site for bids, inspections, etc, as necessary
- Track equipment ordering/ship dates and assist in procurement, as needed
- Ensure proper close-out of projects
- Monitor system performance, including creating annual production reports and communicate issues with team and customers
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Track record of directing, measuring, and reporting progress towards project goals
- Experience managing teams to meet deadlines on time and on budget.
- Proven knowledge of basic arithmetic, fractions, and geometry (must be able to use a tape measure, effectively calculate measurements, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Must be a problem solver, self-motivated and collaborative
- Able to resolve staffing issues, customer issues, or 3rd party issues that may arise
- Willingness to be coachable
- Able to travel when required
- Current AZ driver license with acceptable driving record
- nowledge of solar a plus
Compensation based on experience. Benefits include flex time/scheduling, health insurance, paid time off, profit sharing and Employee Sustainable Systems program.
Submit resume with a full letter of interest, in PDF formatting, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell us what interests you about the position and what you would bring along to it.
Our team is inspired by their work, their co-workers, and their own personal development, and this dedication and inspiration is exemplified in their work.
What makes TFS a great company to work for?
Visit our TFS Way page to learn about what makes us different.
Technicians For Sustainability is a locally-owned Tucson, AZ business whose mission is to help individuals and businesses translate their environmental values into practical reality. Through promoting and implementing clean, renewable energy systems, our goal is to ensure that southern Arizona’s natural resources are used efficiently and with respect for present and future needs. Committed to walking our talk, we live with the systems we install, make fuel-efficient transportation choices, and strive to do business with companies that hold values, standards and ethics in line with ours.