Technicians for Sustainability (TFS) is seeking an individual with a demonstrated commitment to sustainability to join our inspired team to work in the field as a “Solar Installer” in the Tucson area.
This position will work with various commercial and residential photovoltaic (solar electric) systems, and requires the ability to install solar panels with minimal supervision. Duties include installing solar electric mounting and racking systems, solar panel installation, wire and pipe runs, etc.
- Detail-oriented with a high-level quality of work
- Basic construction knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with electrical and solar, including a thorough understanding of electrical wiring, sizing conduit, sizing wire, and bending pipe
- Personal commitment to and experience with sustainability
- Excellent teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team environment through collaborative decision making
- Able to reach, bend, crawl, lift at least 75 pounds
- Able to climb on ladders and work on roofs; comfortable with heights and steep pitches.
- Ability to work outside in extreme temperatures
Compensation: DOE. Benefits include paid time off, health/dental insurance and company support for employee solar energy systems implementation, and an extremely supportive company culture.
Technicians for Sustainability (TFS), LLC is a locally-owned Tucson, AZ business whose mission is to help individuals and businesses translate their environmental values into practical reality. Through promoting and implementing clean, renewable energy systems, our goal is to ensure that southern Arizona’s natural resources are used efficiently and with respect for present and future needs. Committed to walking our talk, we live with the systems we install, make fuel-efficient transportation choices, and strive to do business with companies that hold values, standards and ethics in line with ours.
Please submit Resume with a full page Letter of Interest (applications received without a Letter of Interest will be discarded) in pdf formatting to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 520.743.3307
Come join our team!